Welcome to the 2015 Texas Classic of Pearland… WHO WILL BE THE NEW KING?
CHECK THE SITE OFTEN FOR UPDATES
CELEBRATING GRASSROOT TEAMS IN APPRECIATION OF 16 YEARS
ALL HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS
The first game in Houston is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, April 10th and the final game will conclude by 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 12th. Note, most teams will be playing on Friday, so please arrange travel accordingly.
15U 16U 17U teams players and coaches MUST CHECK IN at Pearland High School on April 10th from 6pm – 9pm or on April 11th beginning at 8:00 a.m.
You must bring the following to check-in or expect to experience a DELAY.
ü ALL players & coaches (ALL participants are REQUIRED to attend a comprehensive NCAA Educational Session during check-in—REGARDLESS if the participant has already attended this session at other tournaments).
ü VALID government issued PHOTO ID and NCAA Approval number for ALL COACHES (see page -2- for more information) All coaches will be required to complete a Participant Approval Application ANNUALLY with First Advantage with the NCAA. Visit the following site for details: https://enterprise.fadv.com/pub/l/applicants/ApplicantUI.jsp.
ü ACCURATE online TEAM ROSTERS on the NCAA site, including complete athlete address and phone number, which adheres to the Adjoining State Rule (see page -2- for more information). BE SURE you have “opted in” to the Texas Classic Tour event or we will not be able to “see” your roster(s). Rosters are due on March 31, 2015.
ü Your NCAA login information, in the event you need to access the NCAA site.
ü Please Review the NCAA Basketball Certification website: http://www.ncaa.org/enforcement/basketball-certification/basketball-certification
ü In addition, no team coach, player, player’s parents, relatives, legal guardians, and/or any other individual associated with the player, as a result of his participation in basketball, will be permitted to have any contact with NCAA coaches during the tournament. This includes, but is not limited to gyms, hotels, and game sites.
The Pearland TX Classic tournament staff will strictly adhere to all NCAA rules and regulations. The following page details these important rules/regulations for your careful review and reference. Please note that all event operators, and teams, must abide by these rules or the NCAA will not certify this event in the future. Your strict compliance with NCAA rules ensures your participation in, and the continued certification of, this tournament—NO EXCEPTIONS will be made. A lack of compliance will prohibit participation.
If you have any questions, please contact Jill Pendleton at (832) 651-9032 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tournament headquarters will be Pearland High School for all ages 9u — 17u
- For all teams — bring proof of age & grade of all of your players with you to the tournament. THIS IS IMPORTANT
- There is an admission charge for all spectators — daily passes: $10 Friday, $10 Saturday, $10 Sunday. Weekend passes will be sold. Please tell your parents.
- Two coaches and all players from each team get in free.
- Tournament passes will be available at all gyms for all parents and fans. Tournament passes will be available at all gyms for all parents and fans.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT AT LEAST ONE COACH FOR ALL TEAMS MUST REGISTER AT PEARLAND HIGH SCHOOL BEFORE THERE FIRST GAME 9U AND 14U TO RECEIVE COACHING BANDS
- PLEASE NOTE ALL 15U AND 17U PLAYERS AND COACHES MUST REGISTER AT PEARLAND HIGH SCHOOL AND ATTEND THE NCAA CERTIFIED CLASS BEFORE THE FIRST GAME ( Please arrive early take about 30 min to register)
- PLEASE NOTE ALL 15U AND 17U TEAMS AND COACHES MUST ATTEND THE NCAA CERTIFIED CLASS BEFORE THE FIRST GAME
- NO COACHES IN THE 15U – 17U WILL BE ALLOWED TO COACH WITHOUT A COACHES BAND.
- THE 15U – 17U SCHEDULE BRACKET ARE POSTED AT PEARLAND HIGH SCHOOL
- THE 9U – 14U SCHEDULE BRACKET POSTED ON MAIN PLAYING SITE
- All teams please continue to watch to schedule until Friday Tip for schedule changes.
IN THE HIGH SCHOOL AND YOUTH DIVISION HOME TEAM KEEP SCORE. Team listed on left and top of bracket is home and wears light color. Bring both colors to game in case a team does not have extra uniforms.