Welcome to the 2017 BIG STAR FORD Texas Classic of Pearland presented by adidas.
WHO WILL BE THE NEW KING?
CELEBRATING GRASSROOT TEAMS IN APPRECIATION OF 18 YEARS
NEW NCAA COACHING REQUIREMENTS – APPLY EARLY!!
The NCAA recently announced that in order to participate in coaching activities or sit on the team bench at an NCAA-certified event in 2017, coaches are required to obtain a USA Basketball (USAB) GOLD License. This applies to 15U-17U teams at our certified events.
Teams without the USAB Gold Licensed coaches will not be allowed to create rosters on the BBCS, and will not be able to participate in the NCAA-certified portion of our events.
Allow 3 weeks for processing. APPLY EARLY!
NCAA BBCS Links
- NCAA BBCS for coaches and Athletes: http://bbcs.ncaa.org
- NCAA BBCS Guidelines / Legislation / Instructions: http://www.ncaa.org/enforcement/basketball-certification/basketball-certification
ALL HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS
- The first game in Houston is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, April 21st and the final game will conclude by 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 23rd. Note, most teams will be playing on Friday, so please arrange travel accordingly.
- 15U 16U 17U teams players and coaches MUST CHECK IN at Pearland High School on April 21st from 5pm – 9pm or on April 22nd beginning at 8:00 a.m.
You must bring the following to check-in or expect to experience a DELAY.
ü In addition, no team coach, player, player’s parents, relatives, legal guardians, and/or any other individual associated with the player, as a result of his participation in basketball, will be permitted to have any contact with NCAA coaches during the tournament. This includes, but is not limited to gyms, hotels, and game sites.
The Pearland TX Classic tournament staff will strictly adhere to all NCAA rules and regulations. The following page details these important rules/regulations for your careful review and reference. Please note that all event operators, and teams, must abide by these rules or the NCAA will not certify this event in the future. Your strict compliance with NCAA rules ensures your participation in, and the continued certification of, this tournament—NO EXCEPTIONS will be made. A lack of compliance will prohibit participation.
If you have any questions, please contact The Pearland TX Classic Staff at (832) 651-9032 email@example.com
- Tournament headquarters will be Pearland High School for all ages 9u — 17u
- For all teams — bring proof of age & grade of all of your players with you to the tournament. THIS IS IMPORTANT
- There is an admission charge for all spectators — daily passes: $10 Friday, $15 Saturday, $15 Sunday. Weekend passes will be sold. Please tell your parents.
- Two coaches and all players from each team get in free.
- Tournament passes will be available at all gyms for all parents and fans. Tournament passes will be available at all gyms for all parents and fans.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT AT LEAST ONE COACH FOR ALL TEAMS MUST REGISTER AT PEARLAND HIGH SCHOOL BEFORE THERE FIRST GAME 9U AND 14U TO RECEIVE COACHING BANDS
- NO COACHES IN THE 9U – 17U WILL BE ALLOWED TO COACH WITHOUT A COACHES BAND.
- THE 9U – 17U SCHEDULE BRACKET POSTED ON NELSON BRAND APP (available on android and apple)
- All teams please continue to watch to schedule until Friday Tip for schedule changes.
IN THE HIGH SCHOOL AND YOUTH DIVISION HOME TEAM KEEP SCORE. Team listed on left and top of bracket is home and wears light color. Bring both colors to game in case a team does not have extra uniforms.